"Monthly reflection" simply means assessing how your month has gone.
For the last few years, I've been doing my best to document my days and weeks in my planner. I write down everything from the smallest "wins", to-do lists, and appointments. As well as acknowledging the struggles, strange moments, and lessons that I've learned that month. Towards the end of each month, I like to reflect, and I also like to set a few personal goals for the coming month. The daily notes can be helpful here because we have a tendency to forget things, especially those smaller "wins".
The more time I spend reflecting and setting goals, the better I am able to navigate my day-to-day life. With so many distractions present in modern life, it's important to have an anchor to hold you in place, like a light to direct you on your journey.
So if journaling is new to you, start out small. Find the question below that resonates with you the most, reflect on it, sit with it and then put pen to paper!
PS: you can totally do this digitally - but I am a sucker for notebooks & journals. And there is just something about writing your thoughts down in a book that speaks to me and sets my heart on fire <3
Here are the 10 monthly reflection questions that I use each month ✨
1. From 1-10, how do you feel overall about this past month?
2. What was your most memorable day? Why?
3. What would you have done differently? Why?
4. What are the most significant events this month? List top 3
5. What are some things that you can improve on next month?
6. What is something you did this past month that you will remember for the rest of your life?
What are ways you can have more experiences like that?
7. What was the most challenging part of the month for you and how did you face it?
8. What are the 3 most important things you learned this month?
9. What do you look forward to achieving next month?
10. What caught you off guard this month?
Because I just couldn't stop at 10 :)
11. For who or what are you grateful for?
12. What life lesson did you learn this month?
13. What will be your goals for next month and how will you achieve them?
What I love most about this monthly habit, is that it allows me to sit and reflect on everything I did that month - even if all I did was cross 1 thing off my to-do list, I can reflect on my feelings, emotions and what has happened that month.
Failure is nothing more than a chance to revise your strategy (anonymous)
Love & Light,
*Disclaimer: This Disclaimer forms a binding agreement between you and Chantal Croucher also known as Yogatation, a Sole Proprietorship operating out of Ontario, Canada. In continuing to watch this video and practicing yoga with me, you release me from any liability related to any injuries or issues which may arise from the risks of practicing yoga through this video. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS IN PARTICIPATING IN THIS YOGA CLASS. These videos are posted for educational and informational purposes only and not tailored to you specifically in any way. Please ensure you are practicing in a safe space and consult a medical professional before your practice. Lastly, please note that the techniques and approaches to yoga contained in these videos are simply my teachings and I make no representations about their efficacy nor do I promise any results.
Namaste and enjoy the practice.