YOGA SERVICE AGREEMENT
Why You’re Reading this Document
The following Service Agreement (the “Agreement”) will clearly communicate my expectations in working together as I build your yoga practice. Please raise any questions you have before signing to make sure we are on the same page moving forward. Let’s do this!
In exchange for agreeing to work together with Yogatation, you agree to be bound by the following conditions.
1. Parties. This Agreement is made between Yogatation, a Sole Proprietorship operating in the Province of Ontario (“Yogatation “I”, “me”, and “my”) and you, the undersigned (electronically or by hand) or person who has clicked “I Agree” to this Agreement (“you” and “your”).
2. My Commitment to You. I promise to provide you with an engaging yoga practice, which includes the following services: yoga classes and yoga instruction, either online or in-person (the “Services”), as outlined in Schedule “A” Services. Here is what you can expect from me:
2.1. I will provide quality classes and instructions during the Services.
2.2. I am committed to providing an inclusive environment that is mindful of equality, transparency, and protecting the confidentiality and privacy of all of my clients.
2.3. I will protect your privacy by not disclosing medical history and/or injuries.
2.4 I will offer hands-on adjustments and assistance provided I have your consent to do so at the beginning of each class.
3. Our Vibe. I am so excited to lead you in yoga practice. I take a holistic body-mind-soul approach to my teachings that are both light-hearted and deep-rooted.
4. What I Expect of You. Just as you are investing in me, I am also investing time and energy in you. For you to gain the most from our practice together and the Services, here is what I expect of you:
4.1. Time Integrity. Let’s honour our time. Time integrity and keeping your word is important. Be not only on time to your yoga class, be early. Make it a habit to arrive early. Be mindful that even if you have pre-signed into class, your spot will be given away if you do not arrive 5 minutes before class begins to check-in (this especially applies for online (via Zoom) and in-studio classes.
4.2. Mindfulness. Please be mindful of our time together by turning off your phone, removing all distractions, and honouring the length of the Services.
4.3. Ownership. You are responsible for your own physical, mental and emotional well-being and actions during the course of the Services.
4.4. Commitment. I expect you to be committed to the Services and your practice and that you will do things to help you improve your own body.
4.5. Communication. I expect you to be upfront and honest about how your body works, what pains you have and your medical history. I can’t help if I don’t know what you are experiencing!
4.6. Wear Decent Yoga Clothing. By decent, we really mean non-revealing, so please wear clothing that will not reveal your private parts in full (or partial) glory to your fellow yogini when you are upside down or in some twisted pretzel or drenched in perspiration. Furthermore, wear clothing that you are comfortable in and will allow you to move freely without restrictions of movements.
5. Term + Termination. The term of this Agreement will begin on the date of execution by both parties and will continue for the duration of the Services as agreed upon between you and Yogatation (the “Term”).
5.1. The Agreement may be terminated by either party at any time by providing 14 days advance written notice to the other party (email or text is fine). However, if you terminate the Agreement before the term is complete, you will be obligated to make all payments as outlined in Schedule “A” Services.
5.2. Yogatation reserves the right to terminate this Agreement immediately if you violate any of the expectations outlined in section 3 above and you will not be entitled to any refunds or any continued working relationship with Yogatation.
6. Payment. Payment details and cost for the Services are outlined in Schedule “A” Services.
7. Cancellations and Refunds. Integrity and keeping your word are the cornerstones of all success. With that in mind, this is how I’ve drafted my cancellation and refund policy:
7.1. Refunds. I do not provide any refunds or transfers of the Services, including for memberships or passes.
7.2. Cancellations. Please give 24 hours’ notice if you have to cancel or reschedule, provided it is in the timeframe of this Agreement.
8. No Guarantees. Yogatation cannot guarantee the success of the Services. I promise to provide you with the opportunity and yoga practice to support you and see you grow, but the success of the Services ultimately depends on you. As such, no guarantees can be made for any particular outcome from my Services.
9. Ownership of Materials. All the content that I have provided to you, including but not limited to videos, documents and PDFs, are for your use only and are not to be re-distributed or re-used.
10. Media Release. You agree to grant me the irrevocable right and permission to use, throughout the world and in perpetuity, your image, video content, likeness, motion pictures, photographs, videotapes, recordings or any other record of your participation in the Activities, for any purpose, including commercial use. Translation: you give me permission with no take-backs to use images, video, and any other recording of you anywhere in the world, for any purpose, forever. For example, if I film a promo video of any of the Activities and it has you in it then I am allowed to post it on my website, social media pages, or use it for any purpose whatsoever without asking you for permission. If you really don’t want something up on the internet, you can always nicely ask me to take it down. In most cases that won’t be a problem.
11. Waiver Release. Before you practice yoga with Yogatation and participate in the Services, you must sign (electronically, by hand, or by clicking ‘I Agree’) the waiver provided to you by me. Please read it and make sure you understand it. You need to sign that form as well as this Agreement so that I can be absolutely sure you understand and agree to it.
12. General Indemnity. You hereby fully indemnify Yogatation, Yogatation and any of its members, employees, contractors, volunteers, agents, executors, administrators, successors, family members and assigns (the “Indemnified Parties”) and save harmless the Indemnified Parties from any losses, claims, damages, actions, causes of action, costs and expenses that an Indemnified Party may sustain, incur or suffer at any time, either during or after the Term, which are based upon, arise out of or occur, directly or indirectly, by reason of any act or omission by you in providing the Services, provided that where Yogatation has contributed to such liability by its own negligent conduct, your indemnity obligation will be limited proportionately.
13. Standard Legal Things. Jurisdiction. This Agreement will be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of Ontario. Severability. If any provisions of this Agreement are invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions in the Agreement will remain in full force and effect. Survival. Provisions 9, 10, 11 and 12 will survive the termination of this Agreement. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire Agreement between the parties and replaces any prior agreements. Waiver of Breach. The waiver by me of any breach by you of any provision of this Agreement will not be taken to be a waiver of any further breaches by you. Notice. For the purpose of this Agreement, e-mail or text will suffice for written notice when required as set out above. Headings. The headings used in this Agreement are for stylistic purposes only and none of the content in the headings are intended to be legally binding. Counterparts. This agreement may be signed in any number of counterparts, each of which is an original, and all of which taken together constitute one single document. Online Agreement. I agree that this Agreement may be signed electronically or agreed to by having You click “I Agree,” the effect of which will be the same as if I signed this Agreement by hand and the intention of which is that both parties desire to be bound by all the terms of this Agreement.
Made it. Excited to do great things!