The sky at the New Moon is a blank canvas on which you can draw your plans. Start thinking about everything you want to bring into your life that has to do with creativity, emotion, and intuition on the New Moon day. Think about all the things that excite you and bring you the most joy, particularly the things you want to create.
Consider the night sky above you as your canvas in the New Moon's gloom. What would you paint? On that canvas, what words, images, locations, or moments do you see for yourself? What kind of energy are you going to put there so that it can return and find you?
You have a forty-eight hours window to perform this ritual as the New Moon energy is present twenty-four hours before and after the actual peak of the New Moon.
Here is my ritual for the Full Moon
1. Gather 2 pieces of paper, a pen, a dark candle and a smoky quartz or other dark night crystal. Find a quiet, safe place to sit.
2. If you can, take a look at the New Moon from the location that you have chosen. Take a few minutes to observe the New Moon in the dark sky. I like to set an intention while doing this. You can say to yourself or out loud “I will discover what I am led to create during this next moon cycle”
“I will discover what I am led to create during this next moon cycle”
3. I like to put on some calming, relaxing music, get comfortable in my space, and light a candle. Sit in front of the candle, soften down your eyes and draw in a few inhales and exhales. Breathing deep even breaths. As you breathe, imagine clearing and cleansing your mind and the space around you of any residue, heaviness, or negative energy.
4. Next, I like to set an intention in my mind that this ritual will bring me inspiration for the month ahead. I like to visualize the dark sky, the New Moon energy and all the potential that is to come.
5. Taking the first piece of paper, write down how you have been feeling in the past month. Write both positive and negative, there are no right or wrong answers here. What has been going on in your life? Write anything you're grateful for too.
6. On the second piece of paper, record the date and write everything that you intend and desire to bring into your life during this coming moon cycle. Be very specific. What do you what to learn? How do you want to feel? What do you want to receive in your life? These should be things that, when you think of them, make you feel excited, alive, open, healthy, loved, balanced, and connected. Don’t worry about how these things will come to you. Just list what you are ready to receive.
7. Once completed, fold the pages, one at a time, and place your hands over the papers. Thank the first sheet of paper for giving you the gifts of experience and knowledge. Thank the second paper for giving you the gift of hope and rekindled passion.
8. Now, put the pieces of paper and the Crystal together, with the Crystal on top of the folded pages. Place these under your bed or in your sacred space or alter. Leave it there until the next New Moon, releasing any expectations of the result but allowing your intentions to manifest like a painting on the dark sky with your desires and the energy of your willingness to receive.
New Moons are always supportive when it comes to finding ways to move forward and to bring new inspirations into your life.
Think of yourself with roots deep into the earth, sure and confident in yourself and what it is that you must do. But then allow your higher mind and heart to wander to new places, to new adventures, and to new ideas. Allow your feet to sink into the earth, but your head to move into the clouds.
If this resonates with you, I'd love for you to check out Heal Yourself from the Inside Out.
My 12-week course of self-discovery launching later this year. You will get clear about what you really want in life and actively let go of everything that doesn’t support You. <3
Until next time,
Love & Light,
*Disclaimer: This Disclaimer forms a binding agreement between you and Chantal Croucher also known as Yogatation, a Sole Proprietorship operating out of Ontario, Canada. In continuing to watch this video, read this blog and practicing yoga with me, you release me from any liability related to any injuries or issues which may arise from the risks of practicing yoga through this video. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS IN PARTICIPATING IN THIS YOGA CLASS. These videos and blogs are posted for educational and informational purposes only and are not tailored to you specifically in any way. Please ensure you are practicing in a safe space and consult a medical professional before your practice. Lastly, please note that the techniques and approaches to yoga contained in these videos are simply my teachings and I make no representations about their efficacy nor do I promise any results.
Namaste and enjoy the practice.